Each specially-designed nylon bag is filled with whole-leaf Sencha, so you can enjoy the elegant flavour of Sencha tea in no time at all. The individual teabags are much larger than standard paper teabags – over 50mm*50mm in a unique pyramid shape.
We have designed our teabag teas to brew quickly and easily in the shortest possible time, while still retaining the fullest flavour and aroma, even when brewed in a teacup and not a teapot. To make this tea, we use Fukamushi Sencha, which is heavily steamed, and adds a little stronger roasted aroma. This item may be reused three times. Each infusion will have a unique flavour and aroma.
What material are the teabags made from?
– The fine, nylon net fabric is specially designed so that Teabag tea tastes the same as your favourite loose leaf tea.
– Our teabag is of generous size, so that the tea leaves can fully expand in water when brewed. This extra space is one of the reasons why our teabags make such a flavourful tea.
– The nylon fabric material of our Teabags is very stable at both hot and cold temperatures and does not react with or affect the flavour of the tea at all.
– The nylon fabric is naturally occurring, made from polylactic acid derived from corn. (Poly or polylactic acid or polylactide is biodegradable and bioactive thermoplastic aliphatic polyester derived from renewable resources, such as corn starch)
2. What kind of tea leaves do you use in the Teabags?
– Only the highest quality tea leaves are used in our Teabag items.
– In order to brew a more flavourful tea, the leaves for all our Teabag teas are especially finished. Tea leaves for Teabag Gyokuro is cut very small in order to be extracted more flavourfully and easily with a brighter water colour.
3. What are the benefits of Teabag teas?
– You can brew a flavourful cup of tea without a Kyusu or teapot but directly in your teacup.
How to Prepare
Sencha Teabag (1cup)
- Put one tea bag in a teapot or teacup.
- Water temperature: about 80°C (176°F)
- Amount of water: 120ml
- Waiting time: 1min.
All YOI teas can be brewed three times with full flavour.
Ingredients: 100% Fukamushi Sencha Green Tea